The camp typically runs for a week and consists of a rather intense daily schedule
- Morning Meeting 9:00
- Rehearsal 9:15 – 12:30
- Lunch 12:30 – 1:00
- Breakout Sessions 1:00 – 2:30
At the end of each camp there is a large showcase at the Hook and Ladder Theater where attendees get to show off their chops and their ensemble skills in front of a live audience!
In addition to the camp, Blues U works throughout the year to support young musicians. We are proud of the things we do to insure the future of the blues.
- Organize bands to compete for MN Blues Society’s coveted Youth Showcase slot at The International Blues Challenge in Memphis, TN.
- Provide financial assistance to cover travel costs to the IBC.
- Provide financial assistance to cover studio costs for recording projects.
- Provide financial assistance for physical production costs of music release.
- Provide access to paying gigs and exposure.
- Put quality instruments in the hands of young players who need them.
- Organize bands to provide music for organizations that support the homeless and at risk.
- Connect young musicians with mentors and peers to develop their skills.